Visiting the Mercedes-Benz Stadium
I'd been waiting all off-season (NFL) to finally get back up to Atlanta so that I could visit the Atlanta Falcons brand new, state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Stadium. All I can say is WOW! What an amazing stadium!
My last Falcons' game was at the Georgia Dome for the NFC Championship Game between the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons back in January 2017. However, on this day I wasn't actually there for a Falcons' game, I was there for a Major League Soccer match between the Atlanta United FC vs Orlando City SC, which happen to set the all-time MLS single-game attendance record with 70,425 fans. It was a great atmosphere and the match was very entertaining too!
The next day I ended up going to the Sunday Night Football game between the Falcons and Packers. I had a great time watching the Falcons dominate the Pack! If you'd like to watch the vlog I made for that game you can check it out here: FALCONS VS PACKERS 🏈 | SNF VLOG | INAUGURAL GAME IN THE MERCEDES-BENZ STADIUM
Here are a few fun facts about the stadium:
• Stadium Cost $1.5 Billion to build
• Construction Time: 39 Months
• Stadium is 305 feet high (30 stories)
• Took 150,000 cubic yards of concrete to build
• Seating Capacity: 71,000 (expandable to 75,000)
• Has 24 Bars/Restaurants
• The Stadium’s Halo Board Is the World’s Largest Screen at 63,000 Sq. Ft. by 58 ft. high
• Stadium has 1,264 Beer Taps
• Every sign in the stadium is digital and can be changed easily for different events
• The retractable roof has 8 panels and closes in seven minutes
Below are a a few photos from my visit and you can watch my #ATLUTD vs #OCSC vlog here.